
12 Days of Halloween
Day 8
Day 8 Feature: ??Haunted?? House for Sale
Day 8
Day 8 Feature: ??Haunted?? House for Sale
My feature today coincides with Julia's Hooked on House Tours Blog Party. Check out the beautiful homes that are on display. If you are hooked on houses, you'll love her blog. Reading it is something I look forward to each day! Click here to access her blog.
I'll be very honest and tell you that the single blog entry for today was not planned. I fully intended to have 2 separate blog entries - one for my 12 Days of Halloween and one for the House Tour Blog Party. After taking an evening walk with my dog Roxy this week, I realized I could kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Take a look!
I'll be very honest and tell you that the single blog entry for today was not planned. I fully intended to have 2 separate blog entries - one for my 12 Days of Halloween and one for the House Tour Blog Party. After taking an evening walk with my dog Roxy this week, I realized I could kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Take a look!
As Roxy & I were walking in the cool crisp fall air, we turned down a street that seemed to have a lot of "stuff" in the front yard. The closer we got, the more intrigued I became and the for sale sign became more visible. Wow, they really like to celebrate Halloween, was my initial thought.
side view - approaching the home i'm liking it
As I began walking up the sidewalk to take a closer look at the ghosts and goblins and skeletons, I suddenly realized their yard art was a little disturbing. Those who know me know I'm a big fan of Halloween and I'm all for doing it up as big and spooky as you like, but shouldn't things be a little toned downed if your house is for sale? You wouldn't want to spook anyone (or their children for that matter) when showing the home.dismembered bloody arm in the shrubs; bloody face with multiple bloody open wounds; okay, now i'm starting to get a little freaked out
skeletal remains scattered throughout the front yard; big life size human-looking monster wearing a bloody denim shirt; looks like it came straight from a horror movie; i'm feeling a little more uneasy as i'm still making my way up the sidewalk; by this time Roxy is barking at all the "stuff" in the yard; i knew i had to hurry & snap the pictures
perched proudly at over 7 feet tall to greet each person who comes house hunting
holy cow! holy heart failure batman!
for people who are scared of clowns, they'll never get overcome their fear
This gives a whole new meaning to "first impression" and "curb appeal".
I began wondering if this house is really for sale or if this was a Halloween joke. Would you really have a bloodied clown & knife standing in the front entrance??
The only way to find out was to access MLS. When I got home & started searching, I couldn't find it. I was almost convinced this was a joke. I was about 1 second away from calling Coleen to do a power search for me when I finally stumbled on its listing.
Okay, now I know it is for real. It's for sale. Legitimate. On the market.
holy cow! holy heart failure batman!for people who are scared of clowns, they'll never get overcome their fear
This gives a whole new meaning to "first impression" and "curb appeal".
I began wondering if this house is really for sale or if this was a Halloween joke. Would you really have a bloodied clown & knife standing in the front entrance??
The only way to find out was to access MLS. When I got home & started searching, I couldn't find it. I was almost convinced this was a joke. I was about 1 second away from calling Coleen to do a power search for me when I finally stumbled on its listing.
Okay, now I know it is for real. It's for sale. Legitimate. On the market.
My next thought was that this house better be darn impressive and absolutely fabulous on the inside. Take a look at the photos and decide for yourself........
House Description on the Internet:
"2 story, 5 bedroom, 4 bath, 3145 sq ft, built in 1998"
"This lovely home is nestled in the ____ neighborhood. Some of the many features include the stunning 2 story entry......."
Oh, the entry is STUNNING alright!!!
"2 story, 5 bedroom, 4 bath, 3145 sq ft, built in 1998"
"This lovely home is nestled in the ____ neighborhood. Some of the many features include the stunning 2 story entry......."
Oh, the entry is STUNNING alright!!!
kitchen







13 comments:
Okay. THIS is hysterical. They've got dismembered bodies and homicidal clowns greeting you at the entrance, but then it looks completely abandoned and bare on the inside! What is that about? Did they spend so much time decorating the yard that they forgot to do anything inside the house itself? How puzzling. I love oddball stuff like this. Great find!
Thanks for joining the blog party and giving me a good laugh tonight! -Julia :-)
I'm with you and Julia on this one LOL What are these people thinking?? The clown itself would make me run for my life .... yikes!
Thanks for the great post!
rue
That is so funny. I can't believe the clown and then the boring interior! My husband is terrified of clowns, I need to take him to this house. ha! Great post:-)
WHAT? No comments about the crazy lady taking all these pictures?
We agree - the clown is really creepy! They should have had another clown on the piano in the formal dining room - now that would have caused some excitement....maybe some skeletons in the closets??
Thanks for the funny tour!
Karla & Karrie
Ew... I could have done without the spider! And just before bed - I'm going to have some nightmares!
Oh My. Killer Clowns? WOW. My eldest is terrified of clowns so this would freak him out. LOL.
Thanks for the post!!!
I think it's hysterical that they thought this was the curb appeal the house needed! Hahaha! Considering my neighbors were told by their realtor to take their political sign off their lawn...I can't imagine a homicidal clown and bloody stumps get the realtor seal of approval, LOL. ;-)
And...then there's nothing actually *in* the house! Really, this is too, too funny. Thanks for sharing!
Hi..nice to meet you KVC...this is unbelievable...I thought the interior looked un-lived in...maybe the killer clowns did away with the people!
Woooooooo...Is that precious puppy pic on your blog a Pomeranian? I have 2 Poms.. ;-) Bo
What a fun tour! LOL I guess if you're going to try to sell your house in this economy, one way to set it apart is to decorate the outside as ghoulish as possible. LOL
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. I love your blog, btw.
Ok you know I would never decorate my yard like this. All I could think about was having to clean up all the web crap. You know me.
dia
omgoodness! that clown is scaring me to death!
;)
haha-this was a GREAT post and the comments were fun to read too! Thanks-Pennie
Post a Comment