Day 12
Well if there are 12 Days of Christmas, who says there can't be 12 Days of Halloween?
Join me from now until October 31st to count down the 12 Days of Halloween.
Join me from now until October 31st to count down the 12 Days of Halloween.
Day 12 Feature: Derek the Clown - 1974 - age 4 - my brother
A happy 4 year old proudly wearing the costume our mom made for him; this was a trial-run of his new homemade costume

Also during our trial-run KV age 6 featured as a witch; I think my costume was homemade too (mom, please comment); the anticipation builds each day leading up to trick-or-treating; the talk is big and the chocolate is calling

October 31, 1974: Going from the happy clown to the pathetic crying clown, Derek got chicken pox (look closely at the red sores on his face) the day before Halloween and couldn't go trick-or-treating; I remember this as being one of the most tragic days of my childhood due to his reaction; as a 4 year old, it was hard for him to understand why he couldn't participate in the neighborhood fun; I shared my candy with him when I got home from trick-or-treating; the next week I got chicken pox; I was in the first grade and I loved school so I was very disappointed that I had to miss an entire week


1 comment:
Cute!!
Post a Comment