Tuesday, October 28, 2008


12 Days of Halloween
Day 4

Day 4 Feature: Patriotic Pumpkin
Exercise your Right to Vote!

I felt like a proud American today after I voted in the 2008 Presidential election. An elderly man, probably in his 80s, stood on the sidewalk at my early voting location waving an American flag. It was so symbolic of the struggles and fights our predecessors made for the right I was exercising. (women, African Americans, illiterate, poor, etc.)

My belief is there probably isn't a perfect candidate in any election, but I would encourage you to evaluate what's important to you and what your family values are. In the age of the internet, we have so many reliable sources of information to lead us to the candidate that most closely matches our beliefs and hopes for the future.

Do your country proud!

Have a voice!

Exercise your constitutional right!

Stand tall as an American!

Be thankful for the opportunities and freedoms we have!


Your vote counts! Think back to the 2000 Presidential election if you ever doubt that's true.
(KV Trivia: I was in Broward County Florida election week 2000; talk about being in the center of the universe with local, national and international media coverage; this tid bit of information might come in handy at my next b-day party)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there...just stumbled upon your blog while perusing Hooked on Houses...wow, the house for sale that you posted about - weird!

I'm off to bed now, but I'll definitely be back to visit. If I'm reading your weather forecast correctly, I'm just north of you....