Amy of Living Locurto started a mission project at our church that I am very excited about.The goal is to collect 800 new toys! Wow! I am 100% optimistic this can be achieved but we can't do it alone.
Click here to read the details, the 3 simple instructions, and how you can help.
"I started by asking around for something my MOPS (Mother’s of Preschoolers) group could do to help needy families in our community. I was then introduced to Pastor Roy Frady, of Willow Creek Fellowship of Plano, who serves mostly an underprivileged, multicultural congregation. From talking with Pastor Frady, I realized this community was in dire need of help. Along with needing food and clothing, he told me many of the children got nothing for Christmas last year, but small things the church handed out. I couldn’t believe families living only 15 minutes from me couldn’t afford to buy their kids ONE toy, when I have an ENTIRE playroom overflowing with them!
Amazingly, Pastor Frady has come up with ways to provide this community with food, clothing and school supplies. Well, then by golly… I wanted our MOPS group to provide them with toys!!!"



On a personal note, if you know me, you know I LOVE to wrap presents . I have volunteered to help wrap any of the toys received that are unwrapped. This may be my golden opportunity to live out my dream! I have always wanted to get a job at the mall during Christmas to wrap presents. This project may just scratch that itch!
7 comments:
Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I will pray for your toy drive!
I love to wrap gifts also. Let me know if you get slot Nd need help and I am there.
Dia
I have been reading about this project on Amy's blog. My family always gets involved with this at our church, too. I have decided to add an additional challenge for myself this year. Since you love wrapping presents as much as I do, I think, you might be interested.
I just started thinking about all the waste wrapping paper creates. So my goal is to use entirely recycled products for wrapping gifts--buying recycled papers, reusing different products.. anyway, it might be something for you to think about with your project. Germany's starting to rub off on me, I guess! The thought of all the waste we create in the US is getting to me. ;)
Anyway, good luck with this project. I think it's truly awesome. 800 sounds so wonderful, and I hope you don't mind my passing to participate at my own church. ;)
Katie
Thank you so much for dropping by my blog! I also read about this project on Amy's blog and my kids and I are going to go shopping to find a special toy to send in. What a wonderful project for you all to be involved in!
I also noticed that you asked about the frames that I used on the pictures on my blog. If you own Photoshop, the frames I used were actually a free download from MCP Actions. If you need help finding them, just let me know. :)
Have fun wrapping all those presents...
Angie in OH
Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday. I love meeting new people.
I am praying about the toy drive - what a wonderful program.
Thanks KayVonne!! You rock. It was so fun meeting you the other day!!!! We need to get together for a girls night soon. I'm excited you like to wrap. I have an entire car full of toys right now, I think I'll save them for you to wrap:-)
KVC, I saw this on Amy's blog and I plan on doing a little shopping this weekend. I'd like to get a few things to mail to this worthy cause.
I hope all is well with you and that unbelievably cute little pooch than owns you!
Post a Comment