Sunday, October 29, 2006

Travel

The shaded states are ones I have visited.

For those who know me, I love to stay on the go. I love to travel. I set a goal for myself (a little too late) to visit all 50 states before I turn 40. Since I'll be 40 in a year, I don't think I'll make it. Someone suggested I change my goal to "50 for 50" - to visit all the states before I turn 50. That is definitely achievable!

My dear friend Paula told me about the Grand Luxe Rail Journeys. This is my idea of a fabulous vacation!! It's kind of like taking a cruise but you're on a train instead of a boat. If you check out the website - I'm interested in The Great Northwest & Rockies itinerary. This would cover 3 states I haven't visited and would easily allow me to hop over to Oregon too. This is a pricey vacation but if you set a little aside every month and have something to look forward to, it gives you a reason to go to work everyday.

http://www.americanorientexpress.com/Index.html

I could kick myself for all the times I was within a few miles of the un-visited states but couldn't find the time or energy to cross the border. Although I wouldn't trade any of the trips I've taken, I tend to be a creature of habit and go to the same places over and over. In the future, I am going to broaden my horizons.

Someday I plan to write about the places I have visited and what I remember about each state. We live in an awesome country with so much to see and so much to do!!

1 comment:

Paula said...

Looks like you are ahead of Paul on your 50 for 50 goal. You go girl!
PC