November 30, 2007
I hope these pictures bring back fun memories if you were able to come to the party. If not, I hope you can party vicarioulsy through the pics!
The margarita machine arrived at 1pm on party day with Granny eagerly waiting for the mix to freeze so she could be the official tester. Maybe that's how she has lived to a healthy age of 95.
La Hacienda Ranch catered the event and served a beef and chicken fajita buffet with all the fixings. Their beef fajitas are the BEST! The desserts came from Celebrity Bakery (also the best) and included petit fours, chocolate thumprint cookies and chocolate iced brownies. All the desserts were decorated with a Christmas theme. As a surprise, Paul & Paula brought a birthday cake much to the delight of everyone.
The party entertainment included mixing and mingling with friends and family, most of which traveled from out of town for the occasion. The oldest guest was 95 and the youngest was 6 weeks old. We played a couple of games - KV Trivia and The Dollar Game. The Dollar Game was won by Kellie. There was not a Trivia Game winner (because I saw cheating) but the questions were read aloud and the answers were announced in unison by all guests.
Party favors for the children were their prize winnings from the Mexican Treasure Hunt. Everyone knows that the motto for BonBon's house is "no rules" which they stuck to religiously.
The adult party favors included a gift bag full of KV's Favorite Things. In addition, guests could take home 2 CDs made by KV - her favorite country tunes and her favorite rock tunes. Purple souvenir cups were also provided. If anyone didn't get their party favors, please contact me. I have some left - especially the cups.
I'm so happy to be 40. Now I can't wait to turn 50! My goal is "Fifty for Fifty" which means I want to visit all fifty states before Nov. 30, 2017. I'm well on my way as I believe I only have about 12-13 left. I KNOW I can do it!
| Make a slideshow! |
We all know I have been planning this party for about 2 years, but I made myself wait until 1 year prior to the party date to start purchasing things. So last December, Tracey, Wendy & I made a trip to El Mercado in San Antonio and that's where the fun began! We left the guys at home with kids (except Kavan) and we won't even mention the fun they had!! The girls rummaged through all the Mexican imports in search for the perfect decorations!
Speaking of decorations, I cannot go without mentioning our dear friend Kelly in this post. Most of you probably weren't aware but I used his tall beer glasses as vases for all the Mexican flowers placed throughout the house. His family was so kind and gracious to pass those on to me. Although we all wore happy faces during the party, none of us felt complete without him there. He would have pulled a big prank &/or been the one with the quick, witty and crude come backs - that most would have never gotten unless they were just as quick. He would have also likely help tend the bar (or drain the margarita machine) and would have taken awesome pictures!!
| Make a slideshow! |
The PEOPLE make the memories so thanks to everyone for coming to the party. In years to come, I won't remember the food (who am I kidding?? okay, I'll remember the food but I won't remember all the party favors or the decorations). But I'll definitely have the memories to reflect on thanks to you.
I have to make a special thanks to Robin & Janice for flying in Thursday night and basically taking over on Friday. Janice got up and ran at least 15 miles Friday morning and still had the energy to take on several tasks. I knew when Robin asked for a screwdriver and an extension cord, she was really getting busy!
| Make a slideshow! |
No comments:
Post a Comment