I have recently taken up sewing and am having a blast with it. I'm starting with pillows and will move to making curtains next. I took a basic sewing class just for practice and we made pajama bottoms. It taught me some good techinques but I'm definitely more interested in home decor. Besides, I can't imagine sewing my clothes instead of shopping for them!
Enjoy the pillow pics!

silk pillows with different trim; I'm thinking those are going to be the basic colors when I re-do my bedroom; peacock feather colors and iridescent silks

I made 3 of these tapestry pillows; the front is tapestry and the back is a taupe silk; the picture above is the back of one of these
it is difficult to see all the detail of this pillow but this is the most ornate I have made so far; the paisley center is trimmed with a pink plaid then bordered in lace; each corner has a pearlized flower shaped button; the back is solid paisley

my first pillow; I made this one in my pillow class; Roxy was very proud

a fun pillow; the material is dog themed; I wish the detail of the green trim was more visible; it's so cute - it is very fringy with small multi-colored dots throughout that match the colors of the material; the back has lapped closure for easy removal of the case for washing; after hand sewing the closures on my first pillows, I decided I'd do anything to avoid hand sewing so I taught myself the lapped closure; I'm not brave enough to try the zipper closure yet

1 comment:
THAT IS SO WRONG!!!!!!! With an email titled "pillow pics on blog" I was expecting something... different.
Juans Threadaz Gonsaughft
Post a Comment