Friday, November 24, 2006

My Thanksgiving Project

I finally decorated my home office. The theme is TRAVEL.


The project began Tuesday night after work. I started by moving everything out of the room including disconnecting the computer. Next I painted (using only Kelly Moore paints - the best). The walls are Walnut Cream and the ceiling is Ashbury. Once that dried, I hung a valance and a sheer window panel. I then hung a picture of an old style world map along with pictures from my favorite cities. I plan to pick some of my favorite pictures I've taken from around the country and the world and frame them. When I moved things back into the room, I only brought things back in that I want - no junk!

Much to my surprise I was able to get the computer hooked up and running again. I have NEVER seen so many cords in my life! It's ridiculous and so cluttered. Someone please comment if they know of a 1-cord computer set up.

The room isn't 100% complete but I decided to post these pictures since they resemble my visions of the finished product.


BEFORE

AFTER



This pic shows the wall and ceiling colors.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, you never cease to amaze me!!! You need to go on HGTV!!! What a transformation.... I am so very proud of you and your accomplishments!
Love you, Janie

Paula said...

Roxy is such a poser. She really sets off the great job you have done with the office. You are my hero!
PC

Anonymous said...

Vonne,
Your office looks great! Keep up the great work!
Love, Robin

Anonymous said...

I know of a 1-cord computer set up. It's called a "man". He has only one cord and if you pull on it just right, he'll set up your computer for you.

Excellent style. But why didn't you toss Roxy up in the corner of the room for the last picture so she'd be posing in all 3 shots?